Blogger Layouts

Sunday, December 6, 2009

MY FRIEND WROTE THIS FOR HER DAUGHTER, I WAS SO TOUCHED, I HOPE YOU ALL ARE TOO!


When I woke entirely too early on that crisp October morning I knew my day would be full of joyful sorrow, wondrous pain, and fearful bliss. I was 27 weeks along, swollen beyond all recognition and ready. Within the two hours that followed, I greeted my daughter into this all too uncertain world. A beautiful daughter gifted to me, a gift that I would be fully responsible. Someone who relied completely on the service I provided. Love, shelter, protection, safety…these were all in the job description. By the time she was one it was obvious that she brought joy to anyone who was honored enough to cross her path. All she would have to do is bat those long lashes over her big brown eyes and all were hooked. A laugh that could crack the sternest person and a lust for life that swelled from her. I had dreams and hopes for her, which I knew by her very nature she would test at every chance she had. Nevertheless, regardless of anything I may have wanted, I really only wished for her happiness. However, no amount of hoping, no amount of planning could prepare me for what I was to face. I blinked. I blinked and in that mere second, she had slipped from me. No longer would she have the chance to make me laugh when I really wanted to scream. No longer would she be able to torment her sister. No longer would my life be whole. In a second, I lost it all. The hopes, the dreams, there would be no first day of school, no graduation, no coming home after curfew, no wedding, no knowing the woman she would grow to be. I blinked and I missed everything. I blinked and she was stolen from me. I found out just how cold July could be when at two years old Emmy was taken from me. A simple twist of fate broke me apart. A simple summer day turned to be the winter of my life. Her name was Emily. She was an angel and now always will be. Therefore, I beg you please do not blink.

0 comments: